This is one recipe that was made very often at home when I was a child. It is simple,easy to make but taste absolutely delicious.
It takes hardly 5-6 ingredients
500 gms chicken legs
15-20 cloves of garlic chopped (the more garlic the better)
2 green chillies choppes
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tsp of turmeric powder
salt and pepper to taste.
- Start off by cleaning the chicken well and then applying salt to taste,ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. Set aside. You can marinate this or use it straight away.
- Chop the green chilies and garlic.
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of ghee and add the cumin seeds.When they crackle, add the garlic and green chilies and saute for sometime.
- Then add the chicken and fry on a low flame turning on both sides for 10-15 minutes. The chicken should sear and fry well. Add some pepper and give it a good stir.
- Then add 1 cup of hot water and cover and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the chicken is done.
- Taste best with rice!