I have been on a muffin kick lately and have been searching for healthier muffin recipes to try and I came across a banana muffin recipe and decided to modify it a bit!
I went a little overboard on the mashed bananas and used 4 instead of 2 or 3 and threw in cranberries,walnuts and oats for good measure(health).
It resulted in a perfect tasting banana muffin. The cranberries added a lovely tartness and the muffin was quite moist and not too sweet.
4 medium bananas
150gms yogurt/curd (1/2 cup)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cups maida/plain flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oats( Quaker instant oats)
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl add the flour, baking soda,baking powder and salt and stir till well combined.
- Mash the bananas and add the curd to it and mix well.
- Mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Then add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well on medium speed for two minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir till just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be lumpy and a lumpy batter makes for the best muffins.
- Finally stir in the oats,cranberries and walnuts.
- I got around 16 muffins that I filled to about 3/4 full each.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180C or till done.