This is a famous goan recipe that was originally served at weddings in the olden days.
It is mild but still extremely flavourful.
500 gms beef cut into small cubes
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste + 1 tsp for cooking
salt to taste
2 inch piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
2 medium onions
200 gms packet of frozen peas
2 small carrots chopped finely
1 cup macaroni uncooked
50 gms butter
1 chicken maggi cube
- Marinate the beef overnight with salt and 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Heat 50 gms of butter in a skillet and add the whole spices like peppercorns,cloves,cinnamon.
- Add the medium onions and fry till translucent.
- Add the tomato and cook till soft.
- Add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and the chicken maggi cube and stir till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the marinated beef and fry for about ten minutes.
- When the beef releases its water, add the chopped carrots and peas and cook for another 20-25 minutes till the beef and vegetables are nice and tender.