Kidney beans are an excellent source of proteins and fibre, besides loads of other vitamins and minerals.
This is a very simple,tasty recipe that involves hardly 10 minutes of prep!
1/2 cup of soaked kidney beans( soak overnight)
1 medium onion
1 green chilly
10 small garlic cloves
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 tsp of Everest kitchen king masala(any garam masala will do)
1 tsp of turmeric powder.
1/2 tsp of pepper
salt to taste
- Wash and soak kidney beans for 8-10 hours. Drain and rinse well
- In a pressure cooker, add a tbsp of ghee. Once it heats up, add in the cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the garlic and green chilly and fry till the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till the onion is translucent. Add in the chopped tomato and fry till tomato is soft and mushy.
- Add the kitchen king masala(garam masala) and turmeric powder and stir for a minute. The flame should be low, don’t allow the spices to burn.
- Add the kidney beans and stir well. Add salt and pepper powder.
- Add 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on a low flame for about ten minutes after the first whistle.
Cover and cook in the pressure cooker after adding a cup of water for 10 minutes after the first whistle on low flame. Let the pressure release naturally.