This is my go to tiffin that I take to work around 90 percent of the time and you know what, this is something that I can eat for months on end without tiring of it.
I make the paneer from scratch because I find that its fresher and healthier this way. Paneer is a vegetarian source of protein and is super easy to make.
200 gms crumbled paneer made from fresh milk
2 medium onions
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 green chilly
1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
salt to taste
- Here I made the paneer from scratch. I brought a litre of milk to a boil. Switched the flame off and then added 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Give this a good stir till the milk separates. Strain the mixture and keep the paneer aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle. Then add the chopped green chilly. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add the tomato and cook till the tomato is soft. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add the coriander leaves, turmeric ,chilly and garam masala powder and fry for a minute.
- Lastly add the crumbled up paneer and give a good mix and stir well. You can break of mash some of the pieces even further.
- Add salt tot taste.
- The way I love to have this is rolled up as a filling in some chapatis.