350gms chicken legs cut into pieces
1 bay leaf
10-15 garlic cloves
salt to taste
1 packet maggi noodles
3 sprigs spring onions
- Wash the chicken well and put a tsp of salt. Keep aside
- In a pressure cooker, heat a tbsp of oil/butter and add a bay leaf, few peppercorns and the garlic and onion. Fry till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the chicken and fry for 5-7 minutes till it turns white.
- Add 1 and a half litre of water to the chicken, cover and cook on a low flame for 10-12 minutes. Switch off flame and let the pressure release naturally.
- After this remove the chicken pieces and debone the chicken. You will see that the chicken just falls off easily from the bone. Put the chicken pieces back into the pressure cooker. Your broth is ready.
- I used around 1 cup of this broth for the maggi ramen and added another one cup of water. When this came to a boil, I added the tastemaker and the noodles and simmered for two minutes.
- I also added some chopped spring onions and a carrot.
- You can add pretty much any vegetables you like but make sure you boil them for the required time in the broth.