This is one cake that you cant mess up and is perfect if your trying to bake a cake for the first time. This is the one you need to start with! Not only is it simple and easy to make but it is super delicious and looks enticing like you’ve been slaving away for hours to create something looking so pretty.
Recipe source: Lemon Yogurt cake with citrus lemon icing
Maida flour/ All purpose flour – 1 1/4 cup
Sugar- 3/4 cup
baking powder- 1 tsp
baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Yogurt- 3 tbsp
Butter- 100 gms
lemon juice- juice of 1 and 1/2 lime ( 2 tbsp)
lemon zest- zest of 2 limes
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
1/4 tsp salt
For Citrus Lemon Icing:-
1 cup icing sugar
lemon juice- 1 1/2 tsp
lemon zest-1 tsp
milk- 1 tbsp of adjust it
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Butter a bundt pan and dust it with flour.
- Take flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a sieve and sift it.
- Take butter,sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat it till it becomes light and fluffy. Around 8 minutes.
- Add in eggs and beat it well on medium speed for another 5-7 minutes till its pale.
- Add in the lime juice, zest and yogurt and beat it for another minute.
- And in the flour mixture and fold it in with a spatula or beat on low speed for 30 seconds till just combined.
- Pour this into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes till the cake is done..insert a skewer and check. The cake should leave the side. When it cools invert it into a plate, it should come out easily.
- Prepare the icing mixing in the sugar, lime juice and milk a little at a time till you reach the desired consistency. I mixed this in with a spoon. It takes a bit of work to incorporate it in the beginning but then with the addition of a tsp of milk at a time it all comes together.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, drizzle the icing on the cake and sprinkle the lemon zest on top
- Ta-da, its ready to be devoured!