After watching loads of videos of chocolate chip cookies, it comes as no surprise that I wished I could jump through my pc screen and gobble some of them straight up!
So I decided to hunt through loads of recipes to find a good one and I came across a recipe with the title
‘BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE(SERIOUSLY)’
and its the seriously that pulled me in. I decided to bake these and they were seriously awesome!
Recipesource:Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) regular brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (186g) all-purpose flour(I used maida flour)
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)( I used 4 52 gms packets of cadbury dairy milk cut into chunks)
I started by melting my butter.
I then added 1/2 cup of brown sugar(packed) and 1/3rd cup of granulated sugar and beat it well.
To this I added an egg and a tsp of vanilla.
Add 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt. Beat this well, and then add 1 and a half cup of maida flour. Do not overmix the flour.
Fold in the chocolate chunks.
Make it into rounds of around two tbsp each and cover in cling film to chill. I chilled the dough for 6 hours. It is imperative that you chill the dough.
I baked the cookies at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes. Every ovens temperature is different so I recommend checking after 12 minutes. Allow to cool for atleast 15 minutes before taking a bite. The inside should be slightly soft and chewy.