Bored of the same chicken curries that we make often, I wanted to try something new and different and while browsing through food blogs I came across this recipe from Archana’s kitchen called Murgh Malaiwala.
Its a white sauce gravy and though it looks quite mild it packs a punch in terms of its flavour.
Recipe source: Archanas kitchen
500 gms chicken legs
4 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tablespoons fresh cream
12-15 almonds made into a paste
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 onion sliced
1/2 cup cream
1 cup milk
3 cardamon(elaichi powder)
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon kasuri methi
salt to taste
ghee as required
- Clean and wash chicken and add salt,pepper, ginger-garlic paste,lemon juice,almond paste, 2 tbsp cream and marinate for 2 hours.
- Take a vessel and add around a tbsp of ghee. Add cardamon powder and the sliced onions and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for 10 minutes. After that add in the cream,milk,cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- I added half a cup of water because I wanted the gravy to be on the thinner side. After this cover and cook on a medium to low flame stirring occasionally for 20 -25 minutes till the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add in a tbsp of kasuri methi and give it a good mix. Cook for another 2 minutes and thats it! Your delicious, simple recipe is ready to serve!
- As you can see my plate, I had this with pulao and some sprouted moong and it was delicious.