This is a one pot meal that would be perfect for Thanksgiving! It is hearty,filling and loaded with veggies and protein
3 boneless chicken legs
6 medium tomatoes
8-10 garlic cloves
1 medium onion
200gms mozarella cheese
pizza mix or italian mix to taste
salt,pepper to taste
1 tsp of red chilly flakes
1 cup of pasta uncooked
200 gms button mushrooms
- Start by chopping the zucchini and mushrooms
- Deseed the tomatoes and cut them into rough chunks. Puree them in a food processor
- Chop the garlic and onion
- In a saucepan add a tbsp of butter( I used the garlic butter from Amul) and add the garlic to the pan. Once the garlic becomes golden brown add the onion and fry till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the chopped zucchini and mushroom and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and let it come to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes. Add a tbsp of pizza mix and the chilly flakes.
- Season the boneless chicken legs with salt and pepper and fry them in a pan till it gets lightly brown on both sides. We only want to seal the chicken here.
- Add the chicken pieces to the tomato and veg mixture along with half a cup of water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for 40 minutes.
- After that take the boneless chicken legs out and shred them into tiny pieces. Add them back into the saucepan.
- Boil a cup of pasta as per package instructions and drain. Add this cooked pasta to the saucepan
- Grate the 200 gms of mozarella cheese and add this to the saucepan as well. Give it a good mix and let the entire mixture cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins at 180C.
- Your delicious bake is ready.