On my cookie craving, I came across this recipe on the bigger bolder baking site and decided to try it. I substituted cranberries instead of raisins because that’s what I had on hand. These turned out delicious and they were absolutely spot on! I altered the measurement of sugar and it was just right.
Recipe Source: Gemma’s best ever oatmeal cookies
1/2 cup butter room temperature(100 gms)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup maida flour(white flour)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt(skip salt if using salted butter)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter,white and brown sugar.Once light and fluffy add in the egg and vanilla and whip well until combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- No need to chill in the fridge
- Using a tablespoon measure scooped heaped tablespoons of the cookie dough on the lined baking sheet leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes as every oven temperature is different. They should be slightly soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool before eating!
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature.